If you were involved in a single vehicle accident, there are certain circumstances that could shift blame away from you and onto other negligent parties. It is not always the driver's fault when they are a victim of an auto accident. A personal injury lawyer from our award-winning firm in Fresno — the Law Office of Michael J. Aed— can represent your best interests if you believe that other factors were the cause of the damage.
The following are circumstances in which you might be at fault in a single-vehicle accident:
- Distracted driving: Many factors can cause you to take your eyes off the road such as texting or changing the radio. If this was the case, you would be liable for any accident.
- Excessive speed: Most accidents where the automobile runs off the road involve speeding. You may be at least partially liable if you were speeding and crashed.
- Weather: Poor weather conditions can make for adverse driving environments. Drivers are expected to be extra cautious in such circumstances.
You may not be at fault if any of the following apply:
- Poor road conditions: In some cases, the city or municipality may be responsible for placing warning signs, closing down dangerous roads, etc. Roads that are improperly maintained could be a factor in your accident and you may be able to hold the city liable.
- Mechanical issues: Faulty vehicle parts are not your responsibility if you did not know they existed prior to their failure. You may be able to seek compensation from the manufacturer or designer.
- Road signs: If it can be determined that a road sign should exist due to difficult road conditions and no sign existed, you may not be held liable.
The Best Defense for Your Injury
Avvo, Inc. has given the firm a 10.0 Superb rating and we are a part of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100. If you have been injured in a single-vehicle accident, turn to the Law Office of Michael J. Aed to provide your defense. Don't waste your time and money when we can work to get you the compensation you truly deserve.
Contact our Fresno personal injury firm today to learn how we can help you. Call 559-495-9320 or email us.