Rear-end collisions can cause several types of injuries, including neck, shoulder, and back trauma. In some instances, it may even be the cause of a wrongful death. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a case of wrongful death, an experienced Fresno personal injury attorney at the Law Office of Michael J. Aed in Fresno can pursue financial compensation on your behalf.
There are several common causes of rear end accidents including:
- Excessive speeding
- Inattention or distracted driving
- Not leaving sufficient space between cars
- Proceeding through a stop light too soon
- Poor weather conditions that made it more difficult to stop
Legally speaking, the driver who rear ends the car in front of them is almost always at fault. If the other driver involved was acting recklessly or negligently, then they could be liable for any damage caused.
Ways in which a driver can be considered negligent, include the following actions:
- The driver stops suddenly to make a turn but fails to make the turn
- The driver's brake lights do not function
- The driver has a flat tire but does not pull over to address it and does not use hazard lights
We Are By Your Side
The Law Office of Michael J. Aed proudly serves Northern California with acclaimed and proven legal counsel. In addition, we strive to earn the maximum amount of compensation for our clients. If you have sustained injuries from a rear end collision, we can aggressively fight to get you damages to pay for medical bills, lost wages, or rehabilitation.
To hear what we can do for you, contact the Law Office of Michael J. Aed by calling 559-495-9320, or send us an email.